Ravi Kant, MD has been in practice since 1992. He has been practicing general adult and child/adolescent psychiatry in addition to neuro-psychiatric issues related to concussion and other brain trauma. He also studied and practiced acupuncture.
He was the director of the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Clinic at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA and the director of the Residential Program for children at Fox Run Hospital in St. Clairsville, OH. He was also a staff psychiatrist at the Bradley Center and Vision Quest residential treatment facilities in the Pittsburgh area.
He has extensively published clinical research in the areas of brain injury and child psychiatry in peer-reviewed, prestigious, international journals. He has presented his research at national and international conferences.
Dr. Kant looks at problems in a holistic manner and believes in the minimal use of medications. He looks for the underlying cause(s) of a problem, including allergies, nutrition, sleep, medication interactions, etc. It is not uncommon that at times simple, natural interventions have profound effects without the need for any medications. He looks for correcting underlying physiological processes such as sleep, nutrition, exercise, daily routines, energy balance, etc.
He believes that lifestyle modifications including dietary adjustments are needed to get a lasting effect rather than just depending on medications and patients need to be willing to make the changes to see positive changes in their life.
Click here to view resume.
- Anterior Cervical Debridement and Strut-GraftingAnterior cervical debridement and strut-grafting for osteomyelitis of the cervical spine Stone JL, Cybulski GR, Rodriguez ...Read more
- Antidepressant Efficacy and Cardiovascular SafetyAntidepressant efficacy and cardiovascular safety of venlafaxine in young vs old patients with comorbid medical ...Read more
- Apathy Secondary to Neurologic DiseaseApathy secondary to neurologic disease James D Duffy and Ravi Kant The phenomenology and treatment response of ...Read more
- Apathy SyndromeApathy syndrome after head injury and treatment outcomes Ravi Kant, M.D. Emotional and personality changes are common ...Read more
- Assessment and Treatment of Apathy SyndromeAssessment and treatment of apathy syndrome following head injury>/p> Kant R, Smith-Seemiller L. Head Injury Clinic and ...Read more
- Clinical Utility of ClozapineClinical utility of clozapine in 16 patients with neurological disease JD Duffy and R Kant Patients who ...Read more
- Clozapine Impact on Clinical OutcomesClozapine impact on clinical outcomes and aggression in severely ill adolescents with childhood-onset schizophrenia. Chalasani L, ...Read more
- ECTECT as a therapeutic option in severe brain injury Kant R, Bogyi AM, Carosella NW, Fishman ...Read more
- Head Injuries in ChildrenHead Injuries in Children (Letter published in Post Gazette, Pittsburgh, PA) This letter is regarding the May ...Read more
- HemiballismusHemiballismus following closed head injury Kant R, Zeiler D. Movement disorders are relatively rare after closed head ...Read more